Does your wrist seem to break out in a rash every time you wear a watch, bracelet, or any other item with a standard strap? Have you ever tried to make your own strap bracelet but given up after hours of frustration and failed attempts? In this article, we show you how to make an easy, DIY bra strap bracelet.
What is a Strap Bracelet?
A bra strap bracelet is a simple, but stylish way to show your support for women’s breast cancer awareness. You can make one yourself or buy one ready-made.
In Addition, to make your own bra strap bracelet, begin by locating the straps of your favorite bra. Also cut each strap about 2 inches (5 cm) below the armhole, leaving enough length to loop around the fingers.
Thread one strap through the other and tie a knot in the middle of the strap. Repeat with the other strap.
To finish, cut off any excess strap ends and tuck them inside the knot.
How to make a Bra Strap Bracelet?
Making a strap bracelet is super easy and can be a great way to add a little extra personality to your look. Here are the steps:
- Start by finding two bra straps that are about the same length. Make sure the ends of the straps match, so you will have a continuous loop.
- Take one of the straps and fold it in half, so that the folded edge is facing out. Now take the other strap and do the same thing, but fold it in half so that the folded edge is facing in. You now have two loops.
- Moreover, make a small hole in one of the loops using a needle and thread. This will be where your clasp will go.
- Now make another hole in the other loop, right next to the first one. This will be where your bra strap bracelet pin will go.
- Thread one end of your bracelet pin through both loops, then pull tight to secure. Your bracelet is ready to wear!
Types of Strap Bracelets
There are many types of bra strap bracelets, and each has its own advantages and disadvantages. Here are three of the most popular types:
-The Chain Bracelet
This bracelet is made up of a series of connected links, usually made out of metal or plastic. The chain looks like a snake or a vine, and it’s often worn as an anklet or around the wrist. The chain bracelet is simple to make and can customize to fit any wrist size.
-The Ribbon Bracelet
This bracelet is actually a series of thin, colorful ribbons. It could make at any length, but the ribbon often twists into a knot at one end for easy access. In Addition, a ribbon bracelet is versatile and you can wear it up or down.
-The Pearl Bracelet
This bra strap bracelet is made up of small, round beads that are strung together on a length of wire. The pearl bracelet is delicate but beautiful, and it can be worn as an anklet or around the wrist.
Tips for Making your own Strap Bracelets
Making your own bra strap bracelet is a great way to add some personality to your wardrobe and customize your look. Here are some tips for making these bracelets:
- Choose the right materials. You’ll need two pieces of metal, either a small link chain or a short piece of wire, and some type of elastic material, such as corduroy or lace.
- Cut the metal pieces to the desired length and thread one end of the elastic material through one of the metal links. Make sure the ends of the elastic material have equal space with the length of the metal link.
- Thread the second end of the elastic material through the other metal link and weave it in and out of the first set of stitches. Trim any excess fabric.
Bra Strapping Tutorial to Make your own Bracelet
Do you ever feel like your bras get worn out quickly? So no matter how often you wash them, they always seem to lose their elasticity. Maybe you have also noticed that the straps on your bras start to loosen after a few months of use.
To begin, cut two pieces of an old bra strap bracelet equal in length. Take one strap and fold it in half, creating a loop. Make sure the folded edge is facing out (so it looks like the letter “C”). Now, make a similar loop out of the other strap by folding it in half and sewing the folded edge together.
Moreover, take each loop and tie one end in a knot. You can do this by making a loop with one end of the first strap and tying it around the loop made with the other end of the first strap.